Release D 2.077.0

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 16:04:58 UTC 2017

On 11/3/17 10:00 AM, Arun Chandrasekaran wrote:
> On Friday, 3 November 2017 at 13:47:55 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> On Thursday, 2 November 2017 at 22:35:03 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>>> Glad to announce D 2.077.0.
>>>
>>> This release comes with a new, more compact mangling, templated
>>> vector operations, reproducible dmd builds, and various fixes.
>>> Thanks to everyone involved in this 👏.
>>>
>>> http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.077.0/
>>> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.077.0.html
>>> The dlang.org website will get updated soon.
>>>
>>> -Martin
>>
>> Blog:
>> https://dlang.org/blog/2017/11/03/dmd-2-077-0-released/
>
> Mike, thanks for the blog post. Few lines about how the name mangling
> issue was addressed would've been interesting know on the blog.

A blog post I wrote about the issue itself (and a workaround that I
employed to achieve the same result) is here:

http://www.schveiguy.com/blog/2016/05/have-your-voldemort-types-and-keep-your-disk-space-too/

I hope Rainer agrees to the blog post as well. While I understand the
concept, a detailed description of how the back references work would be
very interesting.

-Steve