LDC 1.5.0

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Sat Nov 4 08:40:19 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 4 November 2017 at 02:43:35 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Friday, 3 November 2017 at 17:17:04 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> on behalf of the LDC team, I'm glad to finally officially
>> announce LDC 1.5. The highlights of this version in a nutshell:
>>

> Great stuff.
>
> No binary release for FreeBSD though??
>
> :-(

There were some in the recent past, last done for the 1.2 release
and 1.3 beta1:

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases

Unfortunately, almost nobody was downloading them:

http://www.somsubhra.com/github-release-stats/?username=ldc-developers&repository=ldc

Maybe FreeBSD users prefer using the package from ports, though
it hasn't kept up:

https://www.freshports.org/lang/ldc/

It is fairly easy to compile ldc yourself:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_from_source