Release D 2.077.0

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 09:20:41 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 4 November 2017 at 08:19:17 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/3/2017 1:20 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> Sadly array ops would be insufficient for said problem. It
>> wasn’t a direct element wise expression.
>
> That sounds like that might be why it failed vectorization :-)

As I recall it there were no trivial loops there. Usually these 2
magicians could make compiler eat it in a few hours of shuffling
the code. They vectorized about half a dozen loops that way.

The last one took 10 times more then the others taken together ;)

> If you recall the expression, it would be interesting to see it.

Even if I had it saved somewhere the place was NDA-ed to death. I
traded 3 months of intellectual work (and property) for a modest
amount of money. Interesting experience but no illusions about
R&D centers anymore.