LDC 1.6.0-beta1

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Mon Nov 13 13:37:20 UTC 2017

On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 13:28:57 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> On Monday, 13 November 2017 at 02:35:11 UTC, Brian wrote:
>>
>> Fast update, thank you!
>>
>> There is no version for FreeBSD?
>
> Yeah. Apparently if your on FreeBSD, you're meant to go build
> it yourself :-(
>
> Not sure why.
>
> Win32 gets a binary release though ;-)

I explained why, the last time we put out a stable release for
FreeBSD, ldc 1.2, it only got 4 downloads:

http://www.somsubhra.com/github-release-stats/?username=ldc-developers&repository=ldc

By comparison, the Win32 build got 282 downloads.  Presumably
that's why whoever was compiling those FreeBSD builds stopped
bothering.