mir-linux-kernel 1.0.0: Linux system call numbers for different architectures

Ilya Yaroshenko ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 13:38:03 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 at 13:08:14 UTC, Adrian Matoga wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 08:54:54 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
> wrote:
>> On Saturday, 11 November 2017 at 08:43:32 UTC, Adrian Matoga
>> wrote:

>>> Was there anything wrong with
>>> https://code.dlang.org/packages/syscall-d ?
>>
>> From it's readme:
>>
>>     Supported Platforms:
>>         Linux-x86_64
>>         Linux-x86
>>         OSX-x86_64
>>         FreeBSD-x86_64
>>
>> i.e. x86[_64] only.
>> mir-linux-kernel has all the supported archs.
>
> Still, I would first try to submit a PR to syscall-d, and only
> go for a new package if syscall-d owners refuse to extend the
> list of platforms.
> Now we have two different packages that are supposed to do the
> same but have different arbitrary limitations.

The goal of this package is linux support, and the code is
autogenerated from Linux sources. It may include other linux
kernel headers in the future.

I don't see any problem here. The syscall-d can import
mir-linux-kernel if they want to have the best linux support and
provide something for other OS.

Best,
Ilya