DConf 2018 Call for Submissions

codephantom me at noyb.com
Thu Nov 16 00:45:58 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 15 November 2017 at 23:53:40 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> Of course nothing of that sort but you have to tolerate emcee
> Dylan's purple outfit, especially the shoes! :o)

There's a purple beast in Dylan, just dying to get out...

> Good advice... Can't wait for your presentation... ;)

Sadly, if I gave a talk, after the first 5 minutes, there'd be
nobody left to listen ;-)

I would like to see Chuck Allison talk about the experiences of
students approaching D. I think that would be really worthwhile -
or even yourself for that matter, given your strong interest in
this area. Technical stuff is good and helpful, but I like to
know about peoples experiences too...that's what really interests
me the most, and should be at the core of any language design. So
somebody examining D from this perspective could be really
insightful to those contributing to the language.

It's really critical that D remain accessible to newcomers, or
its' replacement is just around the corner.