Proposal: Object/?? Destruction

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 09:52:39 UTC 2017

Upon reading this, It triggered an idea.

On Saturday, 30 September 2017 at 16:10:44 UTC, Jonathan Marler
wrote:
> https://wiki.dlang.org/DIP88
>
> I'd like to see DIP88 (Named Parameters) revived.  Was this
> proposal rejected or is it just stale and needs a refresh?
> Named parameters can be implemented in a library, however, in
> my opinion they are useful enough to warrant a clean syntax
> with language support.  I'd be willing to refresh the DIP so
> long as I know the idea has not already been rejected.

Upon reading the DIP, it reminds me of object destruction.

// extracts success & message from returned type. Could be tuple
or structure, etc. May even eliminate use of tuples for multiple
return

auto {success, message} = callVoldermortFunction();

This is concept is used in Kotlin. JavaScript es6 takes it even
further (function parameters and arguments support object
destruction)