iopipe alpha 0.0.1 version

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 14:45:21 UTC 2017

> On 10/12/17 1:48 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> On Thursday, 12 October 2017 at 04:22:01 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> I added a tag for iopipe and added it to the dub registry so people
>>> can try it out.
>>>
>>> I didn't want to add it until I had fully documented and unittested it.
>>>
>>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/iopipe
>>> https://github.com/schveiguy/iopipe
>>>
>>> If you plan on using it, expect some API changes in the near future.
>>> I think the next step is really to add Windows support for the IODev
>>> type.
>>
>> Might be able to help you on that using WinAPI for I/O. (I assume
>> bypassing libc is one of goals).
>
> That would be awesome! Yes, the idea is to avoid any "extra" buffering.
> So using CreateFile, ReadFile, etc.

Dmitry hold off on this if you were going to do it. I have been looking
at Jason White's io library, and think I'm going to just extract all the
low-level types he has there as a basic io library, as they are fairly
complete, and start from there. His library includes the ability to use
Windows.

-Steve