iopipe alpha 0.0.1 version

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 12:28:28 UTC 2017

On 10/16/17 4:56 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Monday, 16 October 2017 at 19:36:20 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>>> Dmitry hold off on this if you were going to do it. I have been
>>> looking at Jason White's io library, and think I'm going to just
>>> extract all the low-level types he has there as a basic io library,
>>> as they are fairly complete, and start from there. His library
>>> includes the ability to use Windows.
>>>
>> Meh, not that I had mich spare time to actually do anything ;)
>>
>> Might help by reviewing what you have there.
>
> Started to work on unbuffered I/O, had it in mind for quite a while
> already.
> http://github.com/MartinNowak/io

Awesome!

Is the plan to put this into Phobos? If so, I would put it under
std/experimental/io. However, if not, it should not be std/io.

Looks like it has all the stuff I had for my basic io type (and I see
you have scatter read/write, that will help), so I will migrate iopipe
to depend on it. I was thinking about using Jason White's io library,
but I haven't seen him around in a while. Plus if this is going into
Phobos, it would be the best thing for me to use.

Will pitch in when I can.

Thanks!

-Steve