Re: Silicon Valley D Meetup - October 26, 2017 - "D Fibers" by Ali Çehreli

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 14:29:04 UTC 2017

On 10/21/17 10:35 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 10/21/2017 04:57 PM, Mengu wrote:
>  > On Saturday, 21 October 2017 at 18:20:13 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>  >> [We're at a very convenient location again this time: Downtown
>  >> Mountain View.]
>  >>
>  >> [...]
>  >
>  >
>  > allahiniz varsa kaydedersiniz. :)
>
> [Mengü is wishing that we will manage to record the meeting.]
>
> Related, we tried to use the very fancy equipment that's in the exact
> meeting room that we will be using. The audio was on and off, with about
> 50% success rate. We fixed it by powering down one of the fancy
> microphone thingies. To repeat, in my experience, recording meetings is
> not a solved problem yet. :)

Might I suggest a backup mechanism, just in case the "fancy equipment"
doesn't work. Something as simple as setting up a smart phone or
camcorder. If it's needed, then you at least have the video/audio.

I've used google hangouts to broadcast/record all our Boston meetings
and haven't had a problem yet. And as you will see next Sunday, we don't
have any special equipment! The quality is super-low, but low-quality is
better than not recording :)

Even if you just have audio, you can later "re-play" the slideshow to
match what was being said so people can follow along. The audio dialog,
especially for questions, is what I think most people are interested in.

-Steve