GitBook about D on embedded ARM Linux

thinwybk via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 3 09:17:37 PDT 2017

> That's interesting. Might do some DIY robotics in future.

I would like to create a hardware abstraction layer for the
BeagleBone Black (the board I am playing around with in my spare
time which is very beginner friendly and flexible w.r.t. to
hardware interfaces due to a lot of "capes"
https://beagleboard.org/cape which are available for it)
comparable with this HAL for embedded boards in Go
https://github.com/kidoman/embd. This would allow people with
little "low level" programming experience to play around with D
on embedded linux as well. In the beginning porting some of the
C++ classes from
https://github.com/derekmolloy/exploringBB/tree/master/chp06
could be a good starting point. Or does someone know another HAL
implementation which could be more suitable as "template" to
start with? However as always... motivation is high, time is
limited. Feel free to join :)