dpeq - native PSQL extended query protocol client

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 3 23:40:09 PDT 2017

On 2017-09-04 00:57, Boris-Barboris wrote:
> I tried all existing libraries, and noted pretty mature dpq2 and
> ddb (and it's hb-ddb fork) libs. I didn't like the first one, because I
> didn't want to leave vibe-d eventloop, and the second one was native
> (big plus for me), supported vibe-d sockets. I forked it, multiplied
> performance by hacking in write buffer, but then the whole philosophy
> behind it's code structure started to bother me, it incapsulated too
> much IMHO. I needed something low-level, with access to message nature
> of the protocol.

If would be great if you want to upstream your improvements.

I think it's a bit unfortunate that everyone is rolling their own
implementations in this community instead of working together. I would
say that it's rare to need direct access to the messages of the
protocol. But perhaps the library can be better structured in
layers/levels, allowing the user to pick the most suitable level for
his/her needs.

--
/Jacob Carlborg