LDC 1.4.0-beta1

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 11 08:19:14 PDT 2017

On Monday, 11 September 2017 at 14:49:44 UTC, kinke wrote:

> There's a difference between "doesn't compile" and "asserts".
> Please always compare to the matching DMD version, 2.074.1 in
> this case, which produces an empty string as well, I guess
> because the writer was taken by value in Phobos 2.074.1.

Fair point on the DMD versioning. I think I was only using the
most recent DMD. I had thought this capability was added in
2.074.0 when the CT string feature was added, but the changelogs
only reference formattedRead, not formattedWrite.

https://dlang.org/changelog/2.074.0.html#std-format-formattedRead

I don't know when it was actually added.