database 0.0.8 released

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 13 08:43:58 PDT 2017

On 9/12/17 1:14 PM, Brian wrote:
> dlang database library: Database abstraction layer for D programing
> language, support PostgreSQL / MySQL / SQLite.
>
> Project:
> https://github.com/huntlabs/database
>
> ## Database
> Database abstraction layer for D programing language, support PostgreSQL
> / MySQL / SQLite.

I just wanted to point out that in order to bind against libmysqlclient,
you must use an open-source license, or pay Oracle a license fee. This
means the users of your library must use an open source license or pay
the fee (not you), but your license makes it unclear that this is the
case. More details here:
https://www.mysql.com/about/legal/licensing/foss-exception/

Or you could instead use the mysql-native library that does not depend
on Oracle's library: https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native

-Steve