Godbolt.org: mir-algorithm was added

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Sep 22 05:16:26 UTC 2017

On 22/09/2017 5:36 AM, Arun Chandrasekaran wrote:
> On Friday, 22 September 2017 at 03:51:36 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
>> Mir Algorithm and Mir GLAS (glas is experimental) was added to
>> https://d.godbolt.org
>> by Johan Engelen. Thanks you, Johan!
>>
>> [...]
>
> Honestly, how do you guys understand these assembly instructions that's
> further optimized by the complier? Am I alone here?

By reading the damn manual!

(It can take a while to understand x86, it is a right royal mess with
layers on top of layers in it).

If you do intend on reading the manual, I recommend AMD's. They created
x86_64, not Intel. They you can actually learn from.

http://developer.amd.com/resources/developer-guides-manuals/

You want: http://support.amd.com/TechDocs/24594.pdf