mysqln - tagged bugfix release v1.1.1

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Sep 26 03:37:18 UTC 2017

On 09/25/2017 11:31 PM, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
> On 09/21/2017 08:17 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 at 05:24:14 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
>> (Abscissa) wrote:
>>> https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native
>>>
>>> Native D client driver for MySQL/MariaDB, works with or without Vibe.d
>>
>> Hey Nick,
>>
>> Can this also work with Percona MySQL? Or perhaps maybe in the
>> future.. :)
>>
>> Cheers!
>
> I'm not familiar with Percona. If it's fully MySQL-compatible like
> MariaDB, then it should. (Other than telling travis-ci to test on both
> MariaDB and MySQL, mysql-native doesn't actually have even one line of
> MariaDB-specific code.)

Just checked their website. They claim:

"Percona Server for MySQL® is a free, fully compatible, enhanced, open
source drop-in replacement for MySQL that provides superior performance,
scalability and instrumentation."

So yes, it should work, although it hasn't been tested.

I'd say go ahead and try it out, and post bug reports to mysql-native if
you run into any problems:
https://github.com/mysql-d/mysql-native/issues