goinsu - Switch user, group and execute a program - a tiny betterC program

jamonahn jamonahn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 12:49:16 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 16 September 2017 at 19:56:14 UTC, Anton Fediushin
wrote:
> Hey-hey-hey, I am so excited to announce a brand-new program I
> just wrote: goinsu!

Just built on my Raspberry Pi 3.  Kudos - very fast, not even a
warning!  Now to get some Docker images and go crazy.

BTW, I got a 14,116 byte executable image with LDC but 1,958,892
with GDC.  The GDC image (stripped) is 324,492.  I installed
reggae on my laptop (debian) and did a "reggae --export".  Then
using make (with ldc2) I got image of 13,088.  Using "dub -b
release --compiler=ldc2" (same build as on Raspbian) I get image
of 381,928.

How do I do a static linkage using LDC?  I need a static because
I want to try and run this with an Alpine (arm) Docker image and
Alpine is using muslib-c.  I once built an Alpine Docker image by
hand that built ldc, but it couldn't survive D version/Alpine Os
updates.

Thank you so much for this tool!