code-d 0.17.0 + serve-d 0.1.2

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Tue Apr 3 23:02:42 UTC 2018

new code-d (D extension for vscode) and serve-d (Language Server
Protocol server for it) release

See the CHANGELOG in vscode, or on
https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

Today massive improvements towards windows installation have been
made and it should be a lot more painless now.

Big thanks to Mike Franklin for helping me debug the windows
installation, making this available very quickly and to p0nce for
compiling the windows release because my VM wasn't working for
this anymore.

As now the extension is in stable and no longer requires the beta
branch a lot of issues have been fixed and old ones which are
probably no longer valid closed. If you find any issue please
create a new one or reopen if you have an old issue.

Here are some of my personal highlights:

https://wfr.moe/fmEfTw.png - documentation inside autocompletion
https://wfr.moe/fmq4Da.png - import timing
https://wfr.moe/fmqCNt.png https://wfr.moe/fmqh3H.png - simple
implement interface action
n/a - everything compiles and installs without reloads or
cumbersome dialogs, just install from marketplace, wait for the
installation which should be very quick, especially with prebuilt
binaries and start coding without any distractions!
https://wfr.moe/fmzcS8.png - dub dependency browser
n/a - automatic insertion of a module statement on rename and
file creation

code-d beta and code-d are therefore on the same release right
now, but code-d beta will still be continuing to get features
early.

eager to hear your feedback, though gonna go to sleep for now.

Planned for next release is internationalizing the final few
messages which are in the code-d part, all serve-d parts have
already been translated to German and Japanese and are determined
by vscode language.