code-d 0.17.0 + serve-d 0.1.2

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Wed Apr 4 06:58:47 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 4 April 2018 at 06:36:41 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 April 2018 at 23:50:24 UTC, Arredondo wrote:
>> I could not get this to work for me in the past (I'm using
>> Windows 10). I saw this announcement so I decided to try
>> again. After reinstalling code-d I got this in the OUTPUT
>> console:
>>
>> Installing DCD
>> Installing into C:\Users\Wulfrick\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin
>>  > git clone --recursive --depth=1
>> https://github.com/Hackerpilot/DCD.git DCD
>> Failed to install DCD
>> std.process.ProcessException at std\process.d(753): Failed to
>> spawn new process (The system cannot find the file specified.)
>> ----------------
>> 0x00384D1F
>> 0x00384AD2
>> 0x00382ADD
>
> It looks like he doesn't have git installed... My extension
> still assumes you have git and that probably won't change until
> DCD provides precompiled binaries.
>
>> The syntax coloring seems wrong, go to definition doesn't
>> work, and there are no completition suggestions (Ctr+Space
>> just displays "Loading...").
>>
>> Moreover, the extension is completely SPAMMING the output
>> console, making it pop up constantly with endless messages
>> like:
>
> Yes without DCD many things will not work but formatting, code
> linting and outline and dub should still work. Loading...
> should not happen.

FYI the latest release of dfmt, dscanner and dcd comes with
binaries for Linux.
The next release will have binaries for OSX:

https://github.com/dlang-community/DCD/pull/458

We are still trying to find the easiest way to build binaries for
Window on our CIs, see e.g.

https://github.com/dlang-community/discussions/issues/9

But either AppVeyor or Wine should work.