code-d 0.17.0 + serve-d 0.1.2

Arredondo arm.plus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 08:11:39 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 4 April 2018 at 09:06:31 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> I now provide a precompiled DCD for windows, you can download
> it off the serve-d release page and just extract into
> %APPDATA%/code-d/bin (where the serve-d.exe is) and it will
> automatically find it. I am going to release a new release
> later which does this automatically.

I can confirm that it seems to be working for me now. I installed
git, downloaded the precompiled binaries and cleared the
%APPDATA%/code-d/bin.

I feel like this informations needs to be readily accessible for
newcomers, or just people trying out VS Code for the first time.
For instance, I could not find anywhere in the Wiki the fact that
in Windows, you either need to have git installed, or download
some binaries yourself and paste them in a very specific location
of your file system.

On the other hand, this page is two clicks away (Resources menu >
Visual D) from the homepage and describes in full detail the
Visual-D plugin for Visual Studio:
http://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/StartPage.html

Given that VS Code is the favorite D editor according to the
recent D Community Survey (#1 with 25% market share :) I feel
like there should be a similar page explaining the several D
extensions for VS Code, their relationships, and how to
download/configure them, including the information in this thread.

Anyway, thanks for the amazing work.
Cheers,
Arredondo.