DIP 1009 (Add Expression-Based Contract Syntax) Accepted

Zach Tollen reachzach at gggmail.com
Fri Apr 6 21:31:42 UTC 2018

On Friday, 6 April 2018 at 12:26:36 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Congratulations to Zach Tollen and everyone who worked on DIP
> 1009.

Thanks. People reading the announcement should know that this DIP
was almost completely the result of a team effort. My original
draft was subject to significant and valid criticism, and in the
ensuing forum discussion, the participants collectively revised
the entire proposal, using an idea by H.S. Teoh. Then, in
rewriting the DIP, both Mike Parker and Timon Gehr were
indispensable in meeting the writing standards required for a
highly technical DIP. If the process permitted giving the latter
two credit as DIP authors (which it didn't!), I would readily
have done so without hesitation. Thank you both.

I think we've now given Design-by-Contract a really good chance
of becoming commonly used in the D wild. Let's see what happens!

- Zach