DIP 1009 (Add Expression-Based Contract Syntax) Accepted

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Apr 7 16:10:41 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-06 14:26, Mike Parker wrote:
> Congratulations to Zach Tollen and everyone who worked on DIP 1009. It
> took a painful amount of time to get it through the process, but it had
> finally come out of the other side with an approval. The proposal itself
> was approved early on, but it needed quite a bit of revision to get to
> an acceptable final draft. The DIP in its final form:
>

> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1009.md
>
> Though I will not retroactively apply review summaries to all previously
> approved DIPs, I will do so with those currently working through the
> process. I've started with this one. Note that I kept the 'Preliminary
> Review' name instead of using the new 'Community Review' so that it
> would match the review thread title.
>
> I would like to remind everyone that DIP 1013, "The Deprecation
> Process", is currently under Community Review, with very little feedback
> so far. I encourage everyone to take a look at it and speak up if any
> flaws or potential enhancements are seen.
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/rxlbdijkbhanwvbksuej@forum.dlang.org

What's the philosophy around accepted DIPs containing multiple
suggestions/alternatives. For example, this DIP mentions three
alternatives for the "out" syntax [1], it's not crystal clear which one
was actually accepted.

When a DIP is accepted and it contains multiple alternatives, can we
move the non-accepted alternatives to a separate section, use a strike
through font style or similar?

[1]
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1009.md#new-out-syntax

--