code-d 0.17.0 + serve-d 0.1.2

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 03:37:59 UTC 2018

On Monday, 9 April 2018 at 19:10:46 UTC, Samson wrote:

> Today I update code-d serve-d and vsc. After which I got the
> notification that
> WebFreak001 has deprecate code-d serve-d beta and auto
> completion stop working. I saw code-d extension with the same
> icon as code-d serve-d beta so I install it. After which code
> hinting and auto completion don't still.
>
> What is the solution to this problem?

Disable "normal" code-d, close VS, remove %appdata%/code-d,
launch VS & enable code-d beta serve-d, enjoy.

We're in the same boat dude. I just did clean install of whole D
ecosystem from 6 months old setup where everything was more or
less working, and followed this treacherous deprecation message,
got code-d 0.17.1 with betastream option instead of my trusty
beta 0.17.9... OMG it is broken in so many ways...
it overwrites dub/serve-d paths settings, it messes with
permissions, it removes already existing dub, dcd and serve-d
executables!!!
Reverted back to "deprecated" beta, at least it somewhat working,
it is still incredibly slow on showing meaningful completions,
doesn't seem to recognize half of the project, and seems to be
completely not working with workspaces, but it is better than
nothing.

Overall I've got an awful experience from code-d. Now,
unfortunattely, there is even no adequate editor with decent
performance & usability on Windows, I mean yeah there is still
visual-d but it takes about 3 seconds to actually show
completions, and code-d is completely broken right now.