code-d 0.17.0 + serve-d 0.1.2

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Tue Apr 10 11:54:47 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 at 03:37:59 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Monday, 9 April 2018 at 19:10:46 UTC, Samson wrote:
>>
>> Today I update code-d serve-d and vsc. After which I got the
>> notification that
>> WebFreak001 has deprecate code-d serve-d beta and auto
>> completion stop working. I saw code-d extension with the same
>> icon as code-d serve-d beta so I install it. After which code
>> hinting and auto completion don't still.
>>
>> What is the solution to this problem?
>
> Disable "normal" code-d, close VS, remove %appdata%/code-d,
> launch VS & enable code-d beta serve-d, enjoy.
>
> We're in the same boat dude. I just did clean install of whole
> D ecosystem from 6 months old setup where everything was more
> or less working, and followed this treacherous deprecation
> message, got code-d 0.17.1 with betastream option instead of my
> trusty beta 0.17.9... OMG it is broken in so many ways...
> it overwrites dub/serve-d paths settings, it messes with
> permissions, it removes already existing dub, dcd and serve-d
> executables!!!

well, don't store them in the code-d folder, it won't remove or
mess up anything outside its own folder and it won't change the
user settings if they point to valid executables either.

> Reverted back to "deprecated" beta, at least it somewhat
> working, it is still incredibly slow on showing meaningful
> completions, doesn't seem to recognize half of the project, and
> seems to be completely not working with workspaces, but it is
> better than nothing.
>
> Overall I've got an awful experience from code-d. Now,
> unfortunattely, there is even no adequate editor with decent
> performance & usability on Windows, I mean yeah there is still
> visual-d but it takes about 3 seconds to actually show
> completions, and code-d is completely broken right now.

fyi "deprecated" code-d beta and normal code-d is exactly the
same plugin right now using exactly the same serve-d versions,
except for the deprecation message.