code-d 0.17.0 + serve-d 0.1.2

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Tue Apr 10 14:00:49 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 at 13:11:16 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 at 11:54:47 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>>
>> fyi "deprecated" code-d beta and normal code-d is exactly the
>> same plugin right now using exactly the same serve-d versions,
>> except for the deprecation message.
>
> I wouldn't be complaining if it's not the case. With normal
> code-d it does remove everything in %appdata%/code-d on start,
> re-setting config paths(even though for exapmle dub is in
> PATH), downloading git repo, fails to build, and repeat, while
> with beta there is no such issues.
>
> I would also suggest you to add explicit --compiler=dmd switch
> to build invocation since for example in my case dmd was in
> PATH env after ldc and so ldc used by default, which of course
> doesn't have x86_mscoff arch. I also think it is probably
> better to add --build=release too, since users usually don't do
> debug on that binaries.

No dmd has an optimization issue that it removes code making the
program completely broken and freeze on IO if compiled with -O,
which is implied by --build=release. I will never use
build=release with dmd.

> What about workspaces? Let for exapmle have main project
> (really just a dub project with single app.d for testing
> library) and library project in one workspace. I don't get any
> autocompletion from both projects.
> It also doesn't seems to work with dependency that has path
> property set, at least not when it's relative.
> Is this ok?

Everything dub dependency related should work, I literally use
dub as a library for this. Multi workspaces in vscode aren't
implemented yet though.