The 10k Twitter Target

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Thu Apr 19 06:53:05 UTC 2018

On Monday, 16 April 2018 at 08:39:05 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Lately, we've seen a steadily increasing trend of new followers
> on Twitter. We're closing in on the totally arbitrary yet
> emotionally significant number of 10,000. I was just thinking
> how cool it would be to hit that number before or during DConf.
>
> Now that my move is behind me and I'm settling in to my new
> house, I have more time to stay on top of things (note that
> "more" does not necessarily equate to "enough"). I'll try to
> keep the tweet stream more active than usual over the coming
> two+ weeks, even while I'm bopping around Germany in the week
> prior to the conference.
>
> If you have a Twitter handle, it would help us out to retweet
> anything interesting you see on @D_Programming. If you aren't
> following us, it would help us out even more for you to become
> a statistic! Let's see if we can turn that 9,781 (as I write
> this) into 10,000 before the Hackathon.

Each time i register to tweeter i got locked for no reasons. This
happened yesterday again WHILE writing the first message. This is
a problem when you don't own a smart-phone...

I think people should seriously stop using this service, they
don't realize but there are probably a bunch of psychos at the
top of hierarchy of this company.
These abusive lockings are a direct representation of their
madness.