GDB + ddemangle

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Fri Apr 20 13:49:19 UTC 2018

On 20 April 2018 at 14:54, drug via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> 20.04.2018 15:36, Mike Franklin пишет:

>>> But how to enable it? It doesn't work out of box at least for me.
>>

>> I believe you enable it with `-demangle=dlang`
>>
>> The original announcement is here:
>> https://forum.dlang.org/post/rvoqllpimfskvlabprot@forum.dlang.org
>>
>> There are a few posts on the forum with some example usages:
>> https://forum.dlang.org/search?q=%22demangle%3Ddlang%22&page=1
>>
>> Mike
>
> thanks for reply! but gdb don't recognize this option - unknown option
> "--demangle=dlang"
>
> ```
> $gdb --version
> GNU gdb (Debian 7.12-6) 7.12.0.20161007-git
> ```
>
> Or it is intended to work only using `objdump` etc?

GDB auto-detects the language based on DW_LANG tag in the debug info.

If you are starting up gdb without a program to debug, you can
explicitly switch with: set lang d
Then try something like: demangle _D3fooFiZv

Or if you want it to start up in D mode: gdb -ex 'set lang d'