DUB packages announce Telegram bot

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Sun Apr 22 07:59:11 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 22 April 2018 at 07:49:00 UTC, Denis Feklushkin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I also made a tool which periodically monitors code.dlang.org
> for new packages and a notifies its Telegram subscribers.

> Also it can be added to groups.
>
> Code: https://github.com/denizzzka/paper_plane_bot

Cool!
BTW any reason why you parse the HTML and not use the JSON index?
Also adding a new API route to the dub registry might be a bit
API friendlier then fetching all packages on every cron
operation. Generating the index JSON is rather expensive (until a
few recent fixes, you could kill the registry by requesting the
index.json a few times in a row). Though of course the dub
registry (or its reverse proxy) could cache the result for a
bit...