LDC 1.9.0 beta

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Apr 26 22:14:47 UTC 2018

On 04/26/2018 03:11 AM, Joakim wrote:

> I don't know how those links are relevant. Yes, some projects are
> supporting WebAssembly, but that doesn't mean the web hasn't been
> declining, so this port likely isn't worth the effort.
>
> Nobody is stopping anyone from doing the port though: ldc has some
> support for even more niche platforms like linux/PowerPC, simply because
> Kai wanted to do it. I'm just warning people who haven't seen those
> linked numbers that it likely isn't worth it.

Not disagreeing at all, and not trying to twist anyone's arm, but
speaking purely personally, I'd love to see WebAsm/Asm.js support
(FWLIW). I'm converting an old Flash-based thing to Unity3D/WebGL right
now (still web-based due to factors beyond my control), and (for various
reasons) I'd love to sometime build a nice 2D engine in D and use it to
move this project to D. Unfortunately, I've checked into GCC and LLVM
docs before and GCC/LLVM hacking seems to be beyond me.

I'm not making any particular point there. Just chatting, fwiw.