Tilix 1.7.9 Released

Gerald gerald.b.nunn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:01:10 UTC 2018

A new version of tilix has been released. For those not familiar
with it, Tilix is a terminal emulator for Linux written in D
using GTK. The list of changes is available here:

https://gnunn1.github.io/tilix-web/2018/04/28/release-1-7-9

As always, I'm always looking for people who are interested in
contributing, PRs welcome.

Finally a big thank you to Mike Wey who has continued to work on
and evolve GtkD. Working on libraries is often behind the scenes
work that doesn't get the appreciation it deserves.

I was struck by a recent reddit post on the gnome shell memory
leak which involved C and javascript, it mentioned how difficult
it is to merge two different memory models. Mike has managed this
with aplomb in terms of integrating the Gtk reference counting
into D's GC. So thanks Mike, your efforts are much appreciated!