Pre-DConf Meetup on May 1

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Mon Apr 30 19:53:22 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 25 April 2018 at 14:13:55 UTC, Seb wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope you are all looking forward to DConf.
>
> We (Stefan, Dragos and I) have very good news for you.
> Our next D Munich Meetup will coincide with DConf to give our
> local community who can't join DConf an opportunity to meetup
> all the rockstars from the D community.
>
> Agenda
> ------
>
> We will kickoff with a lightning talk session where DConf
> speakers can practice a part of their talk in front of a live
> audience and give local D hackers a sneak-peak at DConf (thanks
> to all speakers who have already volunteered to give a short
> talk).
> @ others: There's no registration required, just bring your
> laptop and of course even non-DConf speakers are invited to
> present their ideas/projects.
>
> Afterwards we will have a Fishbowl conversation [1].
>
> Logistics
> ---------
>
> The Meetup will be at Austin Fraser GmbH (Lenbachplatz 1,
> München).
> As Austin Fraser will sponsor Pizza and Drinks please RSVP on
> Meetup, s.t. we know how much food to order.
>
> https://www.meetup.com/Munich-D-Programmers/events/250094983/
>
> For those of you who stay at the hotel, we will be at the NH
> München Messe hotel at 18:00 and lead you towards the venue. No
> risk at getting lost ;-)
>
> Looking forward to seeing you soon,
>
> The D Munich Meetup organizers
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishbowl_(conversation)

Just a quick reminder about the Pre-DConf Meetup.
We are looking forward to kick-off DConf18 with all of you
tomorrow!

As mentioned I will be at München Messe hotel at 18:00 and make
sure no one gets lost on the way to Austin-Fraser.

If you haven't reached the hotel yet:

- Taxis are rather expensive (>80€ from the airport)
- With public transport: S8 to "Ostbahnhof" and then switch to
Bus 190 towards "Messestadt Ost" and exit at "Zamdorf Siedlung"
- The ticket will be 11.60€ one way (you need all four zones)

Plan your trip online:
https://efa.mvv-muenchen.de/index.html?itdTime=1720&itdDate=20180501&language=de&name_origin=3240&name_destination=NH%20M%C3%BCnchen%20Messe,%20Eggenfeldener%20Str.%20100,%2081929%20M%C3%BCnchen&itdTripDateTimeDepArr=dep#trip@origdest

If you want to leave earlier or on your own, going to
Austin-Fraser (Lenbachplatz 1) via public transport from the NH
Messe hotel takes about half an hour and will require a single
trip "1 zone" ticket.

You can plan this online too: