Things to do in Munich

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Mon Apr 30 19:57:10 UTC 2018

As I live in Munich and there have been a few threads about
things to do in Munich, I thought I quickly share a few selected
activities + current events.

Activities
----------

A few highlights:

- over 80 museums (best ones: Museum Brandhost, Pinakothek der
Moderne, Haus der Kunst, Deutsches Museum, Glyptothek, potato
museum, NS-Dokumentationszentrum)
- English Garden (Munich's biggest park with many activities -
e.g. there are surfers at Eisbachwelle)
- BMW Welt (car museum + very modern architecture)
- Old churches (Asamkirche, Marienkirche)
- View over the city: Alter Peter or Vorhoelzer Cafe
- Allianz Arena (arena of FC Bayern München)
- Castle Nymphenburg (the king's summer residence)
- Olympic Park (e.g. view from the Olympic Tower)
- Glockenbackviertel/Gärtnerplatz (main square of the former LBGT
scene)

More sights at e.g. https://www.likealocalguide.com/munich/sights

Current events to do
--------------------

There's much to do in Munich if you want to take an evening off
or are staying a day longer.
Munich city portal provides a good overview  (in German):
http://www.muenchen.de/veranstaltungen/event/listing.html?what=&where=&from=&to=06.05.2018

A few highlights include:

### Frühlingsfest

http://www.muenchen.de/veranstaltungen/event/7816.html

What: "Little" Oktoberfest
Where: Theresienwiese (U6)

### Wannda

https://www.wannda.de
http://www.muenchen.de/veranstaltungen/event/25762.html

What: Culture festival
Where: Leonrodplatz
When: starts at 4.5

### MaiTUM

http://maitum.de

What: Maypole festival + 150 years of TUM celebrations
Where: Garching
When: 3-4.5

### Long night of clubbing

https://www.eventbrite.de/e/die-langste-nacht-der-munchner-clubs-10tes-jubilaum-mit-diesem-ticket-bitte-im-neuraum-sweet-musee-tickets-43160701821

What: One ticket for 14 clubs + bus lines between them
When: 4.5