autowrap v0.0.1 - Automatically wrap existing D code for use in Python and Excel

Nikos nikoskaragiannakis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 20:01:22 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 31 July 2018 at 09:09:11 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 July 2018 at 18:14:31 UTC, Nikos wrote:
>> But when I try to export the whole dmdEngine
>>
>>> export:
>>>
>>>    auto engine(char[] txt) {
>>>            return interpreter(dmdEngine());
>>>    }
>>

> Can you export an instance of `interpreter(dmdEngine())`?
>
> e.g.
>
> __gshared auto dmdi = interpreter(dmdEngine());
>
> export ref dmd()
> {
>     return dmdi;
> }
>
> or if that doesn't work, proxy it
>
> __gshared auto dmdi = interpreter(dmdEngine());
>
> struct Dmd
> {
>     mixin Proxy!dmdi;
> }
> export auto dmd()
> {
>     Dmd d;
>     return d;
> }
>
> That is pretty much required if you want to maintain state
> across.
>
> Also I'm working on a D kernel for Jupyter notebook which
> should be done soon.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Unfortunately, none of the
above worked.
By the way, the reason I'm trying all this is to create a Jupyter
notebook. I've already made a simple version of it some time ago
(https://github.com/nikoskaragiannakis/d-jupyter-kernel). Since
you are also working on a D kernel, maybe we could work together?