Dpp on run.dlang.io

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:12:58 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 5 August 2018 at 22:43:42 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> One benefit of D is as a better glue language that integrates
> well with other languages and ecosystems.  Many people who know
> a bit about D have no idea that interop can work so easily or
> well.
>
> So it might be worth mentioning this benefit as one link from
> main page and then linking from that to new page that mentions
> and has runnable examples (using HAR) for:
>
> Python (via autowrap:python and pyd)
> C (via dpp)
> C++ (extern(C++) for now)
> R (via embedr)
> Julia (via C interface, including julia.h via dpp)
> Lua (if LuaD stable enough)
>
> with just screenshot for:
> Excel (via autowrap excel / excel-d)
> C# via Binderoo
> Jupyter via pydmagic
>
> and just link for web assembly.
> Obviously a lot of work, but if you think a good idea we could
> work away at over time.

"Here's something I prepared earlier."

https://github.com/thewilsonator/interop

This is currently to house [1] to try to show Walter why
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/8120 is a good idea.
Unfortunately he remains unconvinced so I think I'm going to have
to do it as a DIP [3].

[1]:
https://github.com/thewilsonator/interop/blob/master/c%2B%2B/dslice.h
[2]: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/8120