Dub support was added to Meson

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 20:33:25 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 4 August 2018 at 16:07:45 UTC, Filipe Laíns wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Dub support was finally merged to the Meson's upstream.
> For the ones that don't know, Meson[1] is a fast build system
> that uses ninja[2] as a backend. Until now it was impossible to
> use dependencies via the Dub and many many packages only
> supported Dub. Now you can import dependencies that already
> exist in Dub's local repo. You still need to fetch and build
> them though.
>
> [...]

How does it track dependencies given that ninja needs
functionality akin to gcc's to do that? Or does it always compile
everything if any file changes?

reggae has to wrap dmd to be able to use ninja for anything. I
can't see any other way but to add the necessary dependencies
generation as you compile to dmd itself.