silly is released - new test runner for the D programming language

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:33:26 UTC 2018

On 8/12/18 11:07 AM, Anton Fediushin wrote:
> Hello, I'm glad to announce that silly v0.0.1 is released.
>
> Silly is a brand-new test runner with simplicity in mind. It's developed
> to be as simple as possible and contain no useless features. Another
> important goal is to provide flexible tool which can be easily
> integrated into existing environments.
>
> Instead of using dub as part of the test runner or hacking into
> `preBuildCommands` silly seamlessly integrates into `dub test` requiring
> user to just add it as a dependency into dub.json or dub.sdl.
>
> Check out project's website [1], repository [2] and page on dub registry
> [3] where you can find more information.
>
> [1]: https://ohboi.gitlab.io/silly/
> [2]: https://gitlab.com/ohboi/silly
> [3]: https://silly.dub.pm/

I notice that you're using the new unittest system added in 2.078, but
bypassing the reporting mechanism (i.e. using exit instead of
returning). Is there a reason why?

This is exactly the type of thing I envisioned would be used when
developing said feature. I'm asking because I'd like to understand what
the limitations are that caused you to bypass it.

-Steve