silly is released - new test runner for the D programming language

Anton Fediushin fediushin.anton at yandex.com
Wed Aug 15 17:28:53 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 15 August 2018 at 14:01:24 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 16/08/2018 1:31 AM, Bogdan Szabo wrote:
>> I wonder if the test runners could provide a template for the
>> injected code, that dub could use it on `dub test`. I wonder
>> if we could add something like `"testRunner": "trial"` in the
>> dub.json file.
>
> I've thought about this a bit. Adding special support for test
> runners does seem like a bad idea. An alternative could be to
> enable injection of a mixin template by the compiler for each
> compiler parsed. You can either get an alias to initialize a
> template for only type purposes, or you can throw a module
> constructor in.
>
> That would enable more interesting use cases like route
> registration for web routers.

I disagree, adding special support for test runners is great, in
fact dub already has that (it uses `tested` if it's installed).
What we need to do is just extend this feature a little bit and
tell the ones who develop test runners to update them
accordingly. I'd be happy to have that and I think Atila and
Bogdan too.

Also, dub has special support for documentation generators that
are compatible with ddox. There's `"-ddoxTool"` configuration
option. I think we could do the same with test runners being
compatible with tested.