Beta 2.082.0

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 08:04:41 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 18 August 2018 at 06:52:21 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Friday, 17 August 2018 at 22:01:29 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
>> On Friday, 17 August 2018 at 20:01:32 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>>
>>> Windows installer and binaries are now code-signed -
>>> https://dlang.org/changelog/2.082.0.html#signed_windows_binaries
>>
>> Was this beta installer supposed to be signed?  Because it
>> doesn't seem to be.
>
> Yes it is signed and I actually checked it on Windows 7.
> What makes it appear to be unsigned on your system.

I just downloaded it again.  To be specific, this is the file I'm
downloading and executing:
downloads.dlang.org/pre-releases/2.x/2.082.0/dmd-2.082.0-beta.1.exe

I get the "Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized
app from starting.  Running this app might put your PC at risk"
message.  In other words this:
https://cdn1.tekrevue.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/windows-protected-your-pc.jpg

It recognizes the publisher as "D Language Foundation" but I
still don't think that message should be popping up.  I'll
research a little and see if I can find some more information.

Mike