D support for ChromeOS

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Wed Aug 22 01:56:45 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 01:48:01 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 20:29:34 UTC, Emil wrote:
>> On Saturday, 3 February 2018 at 18:11:15 UTC, Daniel Kozak
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Tried it on an Acer Chromebook R13 running Version
>> 69.0.3497.35 (Official Build) dev (32-bit). I have no previous
>> experience with llvm.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Looks like your Chromebook's got a MediaTek AArch64 processor,
> ie 64-bit ARM, which wasn't supported by D until the just
> released LDC 1.11. I'd try building 1.11 from source, using
> these instructions:
>
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_from_source
>
> You will need a working CMake though, looks like the one you're
> trying to use isn't running.

Oh, I forgot, if you're running Android apps in your Chromebook,
you can install the Termux app and use LDC through there:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux&hl=en

The first AArch64 build of LDC for Termux should be up in a day
or so, `apt install ldc`, or you can build it from source in
Termux, if you can't wait. ;)