GDC with D frontend 2.081.2

Daniel Kozak kozzi11 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:43:39 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 8:35 AM Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> But this only works as you build gdc and gcc separately. I.e. for gdc,
> you build gcc+gdc, then throw away everything but gdc related
> executables. Then you compile gcc with different --with-pkgversion for
> the gcc package.
>
> However, this has the problem that your gcc executable now does not
> properly forward .d files to gdc as that build did not have --enable-
> languages=d. The supported way to do this is build all gcc based
> compilers at once. But then you can't use --with-pkgversion as it will
> apply to all compilers.
>
> --
> Johannes

Yes, but I never use gcc to compile .d files (I did not know it will work
anyway :) ), so I do not see this as a big issue.
But I understand it could be an issue for somebody else and it will be an
issue when gdc will be officialy part of gcc.