Copr repository providing dmd and dub for Fedora, EPEL and Mageia

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 19:49:20 UTC 2018

On Friday, 31 August 2018 at 19:41:59 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> Nice one.
>
> I see that you're using ldc as bootstrap/host compiler. While
> that will result in faster binaries (in particular useful for
> dmd), the official binaries releases are still built with dmd
> for now. Just worth noting as it might lead to specific bugs
> not present in the official binaries.

I actually used dmd until very recently, and still use dmd on
Mageia and EPEL. I switched to ldc because of weird linker errors
on Fedora 29, but since it's still in development I have no idea
if this is the problem comes from dmd or Fedora.
I might go back to using dmd if it turns out to work again.