DLP identify leaf functions

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 16:57:08 UTC 2018

On Friday, 30 November 2018 at 20:10:05 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I would like to announce a new project I've started, called DLP
> (D Language Processing). Currently it's quite experimental but
> the idea is that it would contain a collection of commands for
> inspecting D code in various ways. It uses the DMD frontend as
> a library (the Dub package) to process D code.

What a timing. I am working on (slowly) on a tool that would get
all struct and class declarations and for each of them get
functions in which they are used. Then combine them with
profiling data to find data structures that are hot and how
changing them affects performance. The only code that is written
is partially parsing perf.data file and the rest is missing. It
would be wonderful if your tool could emit such functions then my
job would be easy. Parsing would have been done if perf.data
format was fully documented.