A brief survey of build tools, focused on D

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 02:54:15 UTC 2018

On Monday, 10 December 2018 at 18:27:48 UTC, Neia Neutuladh wrote:
> I wrote a post about language-agnostic (or, more accurately,
> cross- language) build tools, primarily using D as an example
> and Dub as a benchmark.
>
> Spoiler: dub wins in speed, simplicity, dependency management,
> and actually working without modifying the tool's source code.
>
> https://blog.ikeran.org/?p=339

Why not just write your build/tooling scripts in D?  That's what
I prefer to do, and there's been a recent effort to do just that
for the DMD compiler as well:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/master/src/build.d  It still
resembles the makefiles it was modeled from, but in time, I think
it will clean up nicely.

Mike