MORE OFFTOPIC Re: I've just released Vasaro

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Tue Dec 11 12:23:01 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 11 December 2018 at 11:24:37 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2018-12-11 12:13, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>
>> We're covered by libbacktrace, rather than tthe druntime
>> implementation.
>>
>> https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/libbacktrace/README
>
> Looks like Mach-O is not supported. It looks like it uses
> DWARF, but I don't know how you plan to have that working when
> the executable doesn't contain any DWARF data ;).
>
>> Besides, it will only work for newer OSX releases, not ~10.5
>> which is roughly the base version aimed to support.
>
> I still don't see any point in supporting these old version
> that Apple has dropped support for since many years ago.

Dwarf data is emitted on OSX. The section where to find all debug
symbols is prefixed by "__DWARF".  Even DMD does this on OSX. ;-)

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/dff0138467ec451ac64e1dac392a1a9648ee2523/src/dmd/backend/dwarfdbginf.d#L150-L151