D compilation is too slow and I am forking the compiler

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:51:33 UTC 2018

On Friday, 23 November 2018 at 16:21:53 UTC, welkam wrote:
> If you want to read data from that bool CPU needs to fetch 8
> bytes of data(cache line of 64 bits). What this means is that
> for one bit of information CPU fetches 64 bits of data
> resulting in 1/64 = 0.015625 or ~1.6 % signal to noise ratio.
> This is terrible!

Cache line of 64 bits. 64 BITS. This forum is full of
knowledgeable people and they should have spoted this mistake or
they didnt read it. Cache lines on most processors are 64 bytes.
Now I know why it felt weird when I wrote that post. So the real
math for when you read one bit in cache line is 1/(64*8) =
0.001953125 or ~ 0.2% signal to noise ratio