OFFTOPIC Re: I've just released Vasaro

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 14:52:48 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 11 December 2018 at 10:19:38 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> Which year is the machine from? It should say that after the
> model.

Oh, I had to click "more info".

MacBook Air
11-inch, Mid 2011

So I guess it is quite old. I have tried to do the OS update
several times before and it consistently just freezes (usually
the progress bar stops, the system keeps working, but one time it
did outright restart itself), this probably explains why.

> I would recommend waiting until more of the Objective-C support
> is implemented. Creating a subclass is a pain in the ass
> currently.

Yeah, I know. I have made some mixins to help smooth it over a
little though. That is one of the reasons why I am waiting a bit,
but I feel if I wait on dmd I'll be waiting forever. I'd like at
least the basics to work.