Fuzzed - a program to find DMDFE parser crash

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Sat Dec 15 14:22:48 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 15 December 2018 at 11:29:45 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> Fuzzed [1] is a simple fuzzer for the D programming language.

Are you familiar with libFuzzer and LDC's integration?
https://johanengelen.github.io/ldc/2018/01/14/Fuzzing-with-LDC.html
You can feed libFuzzer with a dictionary of keywords to speed up
the initial fuzzing phase, where the keywords are the tokens
strings that you use.
Besides finding crashes, it's also good to enable ASan to find
memory-related bugs that by luck didn't crash the program.

> The time to write this announce, already 5 "crashers" found.

Great :)

The other day I was reminded of OSS Fuzz and that it'd be nice if
we would setup fuzzing for the frontend and phobos there...

-Johan