LDC 1.13.0

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Sun Dec 16 18:26:36 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 16 December 2018 at 17:48:43 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran
wrote:
> Self sufficient Windows build is possible because of MS stable
> ABI?

MS has nothing to with it; in fact, if it wasn't for their
ridiculously restrictive license, we could and would have shipped
with the official libs for years.
Self-sufficiency is now possible due to the existence of
MinGW[-w64] and work from Rainer Schütze (using the MinGW .def
files as basis for the COFF libs included with DMD) and myself
(adapting that scheme for MinGW-w64 and LDC). See the linked PRs
in the release log if interested in more details.

> Is it guaranteed to be stable hereafter?

It currently targets the Visual C++ 2015 runtime, as that's the
last one supported by MinGW-w64. That version will likely change
over time.