DConf 2019: Shepherd's Pie Edition

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Sat Dec 22 17:54:49 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 22 December 2018 at 17:36:08 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo
wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 December 2018 at 16:57:10 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> On Saturday, 22 December 2018 at 16:35:27 UTC, Johannes Loher
>> wrote:
>>> Also I don't think this is the right place for this
>>> discussion. If you feel that we indeed need to rediscuss this
>>> issue, I think it should be done in a separate thread.
>>
>> I'm not trying to discuss it with you or the community. I'm
>> asking the D team [...]
>
> Then why post in the announce thread? If you don’t feel your
> the foundation.

Why wouldn't I post in here? There's currently a 84-post thread
in this Announce forum discussing Atila's blog post about what D
got wrong.

Similarly, this is the thread where the topic is the next DConf.
I almost never send private emails over community matters, which
should be discussed publicly.

> I don’t understand how you can argue against technical
> conferences so much if you never attended one, much less DConf.

I didn't say I never attended one, I probably sat through
something back in my college days. I watch some conf videos now
and then, but like most techies these days, don't find any value
in going.

> I know the odds are slim, but I hope to meet you there someday.

I'd like to meet you too, but I think if it happens, it won't
ever be at an outdated format like the current DConf. :P