DConf 2019: Shepherd's Pie Edition

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Dec 24 02:20:24 UTC 2018

On 12/23/2018 3:40 PM, Rubn wrote:
> I'll take that to assume you aren't paying for your own ticket, your own hotel
> expenses, etc. I wonder if you would feel differently about this if you had to
> pay for all these out of your own pocket.

I paid my own expenses for DConf. So did many of the speakers (or the company
they worked for).

 > I can only imagine what else could improve with those additional funds.

Many people have donated generously to the D Foundation. The tickets sales do
not cover the entire cost of the conference, the rest is made up for by the
Foundation and the sponsor(s). We've kept the ticket prices low to enable more
people to come. If there were profits, they'd accrue to the D Foundation, not me.

If you have specific things you want funded, you can donate with the proviso
that the donation go to that thing.